The USA Film Festival announces
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
43rd Annual USA Film Festival
April 24 – 28, 2013
DALLAS – The USA Film Festival announces the schedule of events for the 43rd Annual USA Film Festival, April 24 – 28, 2013. All programs will be held at the Angelika Film Center, 5321 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, Texas. Advance tickets are available exclusively through Ticketmaster beginning Monday, April 15, 2013.
This year’s program highlights include:
- 90th anniversary presentation of the Harold Lloyd classic Safety Last! (restored digital print)
- 35th annual National Short Film & Video Competition (an Academy-qualified program)
- 25th anniversary screening of the John Carpenter cult classic They Live with Meg Foster in attendance
- Salute to veteran indie distributor Jeff Lipsky
- Academy Award®-winning filmmakers Nat Faxon and Jim Rash present The Way, Way Back
- Veteran documentary filmmaker Greg Barker presents Manhunt
- Actress/writer Abby Miller presents Congratulations
- Director Susan Seidelman presents The Hot Flashes
- Caesar Must Die from Paolo and Vittorio Taviani
- Kevin Connolly’s documentary Big Shot
- Linda Bloodworth-Thomason’s documentary Bridegroom
- Feature debuts from Lake Bell (In a World…) and Lance Edmands (Bluebird)
- New films from two of our favorite femme filmmakers, Sarah Polley’s Stories We Tell and Lynn Shelton’s Touchy Feely
- Japanese anime feature The Princess and the Pilot
- Feature documentaries Blackfish (dir. Gabriela Cowperthwaite), Free the Mind (dir. Phie Ambo) and More Than Honey (dir. Markus Imhoof)
Texas ties – films from some of our favorite hometown filmmakers:
- Stephen Tobolowsky hosts a program of short films and filmmakers including veteran character
actor Jim Beaver with Night Riders
- We salute writer/director David Gordon Green with his new feature Prince Avalanche
- Actress Amy Acker presents Joss Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing
- Writer Joey O’Bryan’s Hong Kong thriller, Motorway, gets the big screen treatment
- Writer Brad Hennig presents The Hot Flashes (a feature film created to support awareness for
- Dallas filmmakers Drew Rist and Don Merritt present their documentary Bottled Up, the Dublin Dr Pepper story
TICKET & SCHEDULE INFORMATION
Tickets for all programs are $10.
There are also several FREE admission programs noted in the schedule.
Advance tickets will be available via Ticketmaster beginning April 15 at 10am.
Tickets by telephone – 214-631-2787
Tickets online – www.ticketmaster.com
A complete schedule of all Festival events may be obtained by calling the Festival office at 214-821-FILM or may be viewed online at www.usafilmfestival.com . Printed schedules are also available for pick up at the Angelika Film Center Dallas.
Sponsors of the 43rd Annual USA Film Festival include Dave Perry-Miller & Associates, Gaedeke Group, AXS.TV, Time Warner Cable, Dallas Film Commission, Texas Film Commission, Magnolia Pictures on Demand, HD Net Movies, ViewPoint Bank, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, HBO, AMC Networks, Alford Media Services and Ticketmaster. The USA Film Festival is supported in part by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs. This program is supported in part by a grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts.
ABOUT THE USA FILM FESTIVAL
A year-round film festival featuring 50 days of programs The USA Film Festival is a 43-year-old Dallas-based 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the recognition and promotion of excellence in the film and video arts. Year-round events
include KidFilm®; Dallas’ only official Oscar® Experience program; an Academy-qualified National Short Film Competition; monthly screenings; special programs and premieres; and the USA Film Festival, held each spring. Throughout the year, the Festival presents a variety of membership, exhibition, educational, and cultural programs designed to bring together audiences
and filmmakers for a “live cinema” experience.